Basalite Floor Top
Floor Top® is a self-leveling concrete floor underlayment.
USE: For concrete surfaces requiring a level, smooth underlayment prior to installing final flooring (tile, carpet, resilient floorings). Walk on in 4 hours, install final floor covering within 5 to 8 hours. Must use with “Prime Seal” to ensure bond and maximize coverage.
YIELD: 50 lb bag covers approximately 20.0 ft2 at 1/4 inch thick. 50 lbs will yield 0.42 ft3.
- 2 kg (4.4 lbs), 5 kg (11 lbs), 10 kg (22 lbs), 22.7 kg (55 lbs)
- Make a small test patch prior to application to ensure familiarity with the product and that site requirements are met for placing FLOOR TOP®. FLOOR TOP® is not recommended for exterior application.
- FLOOR TOP® is strictly an underlayment material and is not intended for use as a structural load bearing or wearing surface.
- Exceeding the maximum recommended water content per sack will result in inferior physical properties.
- Prior to applying an adhesive to the surface of FLOOR TOP®, check with the adhesive manufacturer for the required moisture content of the floor. FLOOR TOP® must be stored indoors and applied at a temperature of between 15°C and 25°C. Temperatures lower than 15°C will slow set and strength gain while temperatures above 25°C will cause excessive loss of moisture.
- Use FLOOR TOP® only on exterior grade plywood. The subfloor construction must be stiff and well supported (minimal deflection).
- Liability for damages or defective goods shall be limited to the refund of the purchase price or replacement.
- Must be mixed with a high speed mixer.
- Interior floor leveling